The Rhubarb Sour

by Michael on April 22, 2013 · 9 comments

The Rhubarb Sour 1

My next contribution to The Boys Club  is up today. Yay for that.

Spring is officially here, although the weather may tell us differently, but some of the early signs are visible and the long, drawn-out winter is nearly behind us. I made a cocktail worthy of spring’s arrival. Fresh, tart rhubarb and a balanced sweetness just light and refreshing enough to help fight the warmer temperatures and close the chapter on the heavier, warmer drinks of winter.

For the recipe and the rest of the images for this post and refreshing and incredibly flavourful libation, please click on the link for The Rhubarb Sour . Happy Spring. Cheers!

The Rhubarb Sour 2

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Annalise April 23, 2013 at 12:13 pm

It’s like you read my mind. I’ve got shoots of rhubarb coming up in the backyard and I’ve been trying to come up with something new to do with it. Problem solved!

Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today April 24, 2013 at 4:06 am

I like the color, looks very refresing. Spring is over here as well, and it’s a good drink to celebrate it.

Cate @ ChezCateyLou May 1, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I have never had rhubarb in a cocktail! It sounds delicious, and the colors are so springy! Gorgeous.

Crystal @ Simply Playful Fare May 1, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Yes! I need to make this! Rhubarb and Gin. Perfect. Too much to have this with a Rhubarb pie? :)

Michael May 1, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Never too much! Enjoy!

Kankana May 3, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I just love the color of this drink. It’s so pretty and light!

Denise May 9, 2013 at 6:42 pm

I was just thinking I need to make some rhubarb simple syrup for cocktails, now I definitely have to so I can make this cocktail!

Vanessa May 31, 2013 at 10:21 am

I’m also so glad that the long winter days are behind us. Yay for warm, long, and cheerful spring days. Yay for this wonderful rhubarb sour, which I’m certain will make spring days even better. What a wonderful creation!

{ 1 trackback }